6.12.2008

Good times...

Between our outings and the scheduling of our social secretary, my friend Elizabeth, we've been keeping pretty busy lately.

Saturday, June 7th
psyching herself up before her turn at bat


Jacob showing me how unhappy he was about my chosen discipline method


a Coast Guard plane doing a flyby at a local air show/open house


this guy was nuts! skeered me... gave me the WILLIES! zoomin' up and down, skimming the runway. nuts I tell 'ya!


a family shot from a reflection in a propeller hub thingy, see mine and Janie's 'Bama caps? squibt adn you might see us... I need to crop and zoom this baby


Jacob really didn't like...


...this guy, he was waaaaaay too loud


Tuesday, June 10th
I took Janie and Jacob Swimming at the rec center w/ Elizabeth, Lauren, Nicholas & cousin Madison. We had a picnic, everything went well, except... the pool's usually 85 degrees, it was 78 this day due to "maintenance issues." It was COLD... I am so spoiled (that whole gulf coast thing). But, I did get in, played in the lazy river with Jacob for a while and then got myself into the hot tub and refused to go back in the pool.

Wednesday, June 11th
Rainforest Odyssey, again w/ Elizabeth and crew, an abridged version of a full length ballet. The four short segments that were performed featured flora and fauna from different levels of a rain forest. Janie LOVED it because she studied rain forests in kindergarten and 1st grade and she knows this stuff. Jacob thought the lizard was cool. :)

Thursday, June 12th
Lauren, Nicholas, Madison, Jacob and Janie at the botanical gardens


Jacob getting a lift from Madison and LOVING it... the stinker


I love how these flowers look like they're made from tissue paper... gorgeous


Janie enjoying the sprinklers


Jacob not enjoying the wind, or the bees


What is it with my kids and bees...

Janie 9/11/05

No comments: